Company: Parkway Products, LLC
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Summary: This position provides Quality Engineering support to
Production and to Engineering Department regarding quality issues,
measurement data and measurement techniques, statistical methods
and analysis, and regulatory issues. Manages the quality and
regulatory aspects of mold and assembly qualification from initial
customer contact, through project development, to ongoing
manufacturing support. The position is largely self-directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: In addition to the below,
other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Provide support to project development teams regarding quality
issues, measurement data and measurement techniques, statistical
methods and analysis, and regulatory issues.
- Review and interpret customer blueprints and specifications for
manufacturing feasibility and measurement capability, including
application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Communicate with customers to understand and define their
quality requirements. Negotiate requirements when appropriate.
- Use designed experiments and FMEA techniques to identify robust
processes and to improve existing ones. Obtain, verify, analyze,
and present necessary measurement data to evaluate conformance to
specification and to prove process capability.
- Includes oversight of measurement service providers to assure
accuracy and correct interpretation. Conduct statistical studies of
process capability and process control, and provide recommendations
to product and process engineers on how to achieve capability.
- Creates and maintains molding and assembly Quality Plans for
new and acquisition projects. Includes specifying process-control
and inspection criteria, and selecting measurement techniques.
- Working knowledge of a CMM including interpretation of CMM data
- Identify the need for custom gages and gage systems, obtain and
qualify them, and when required, manage their design and
- For automotive applications, assure that the mold and process
approval process conforms with AIAG requirements including
generation of a PPAP package (Control Plans, PFMEAs, Capability and
GR&R Studies, etc.) in compliance with TS 16949. Knowledge,
Skills and Attributes:
- ASQ certification preferred
- Process improvement driven
- Proficient in oral and written communication.
- Ability to use good judgment to achieve organizational goals in
a self-directed manner
- Ability to work as a cooperative team player, treating all
co-workers, customer, and suppliers with consideration and respect.
- Degree in an engineering or applied science discipline or
equivalent work experience.
- Experience in applying SPC techniques
- CMM operation to include programming capability.
- Ability to generate PPAP packages (Control Plans, PFMEAs,
Capability and GR&R Studies, etc.) in compliance with TS
- TS 16949, QS9000, ISO or automotive quality systems
- Computer experience with Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- English language proficiency, to include verbal and written
Keywords: Parkway Products, LLC, Loveland , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Loveland, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!