Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: Woodward, Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Job Description - Senior Mechanical Engineer (2203546) Senior
Mechanical Engineer - 2203546 Woodward supports our members'
wellbeing and regularly benchmarks with other companies in our
industry to offer an extensive Total Reward package for this
position. Salary will be determined by the applicant's education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity and alignment with market data. -
- Estimated annual base pay: $89,000.00 (minimum) - $110,000.00
- All members included in annual cash bonus opportunity -
- Tuition reimbursement and Training/Professional Development
opportunities for all members -
- 11 paid holidays, including floating holidays -
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision Insurance -
- Vacation / Sick Time / Vacation Buy-up / Short Term Disability
/ Bereavement leave -
- Adoption Assistance - -
- Employee Assistance Program, including mental health benefits
- Member Life & AD&D / Long Term Disability / Member Optional
- Member referral bonus -
- Spouse / Child Optional Life / Optional AD&D / Healthcare
and Dependent Care Flexible Spending -
- Voluntary benefits, including: - -
- Whole Life Insurance / Critical Illness Insurance / Legal
Assistance / Military Leave - Are you ready to make your mark? If
you're a Mechanical Engineer, we have an exciting opportunity for
you. The Senior Engineer, -Remanufacturing is responsible for the
-development of product Remanufacturing/Repair processes locally
and abroad. They will be responsible for -independent evaluation,
selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard
techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of
engineering tasks. - What's In It For You - At Woodward, our
"employees" are called and treated as "members" and we've created a
culture that appreciates and values the contributions of every
member. It's an inclusive, positive, collaborative, and socially
responsible environment where members work together for outstanding
outcomes. - What you will be doing -
- Responsible for developing remanufacturing processes/procedures
for product value streams tied to reciprocating on engine
- Develop acceptance criteria, screening processes and associated
test methodologies to capture usable returned field hardware.
- Document assembly tear-down processes, component screening
criteria and rework requirements for high wear items.
- Creation of component item numbers and assembly Bill of
Materials for appropriate material handling and tracking internally
and with our customers.
- Define and implement validation test plans to ensure product
conformance to product environmental/life targets. Evaluation of
test results and associated estimation of component/assembly
- Provides direct support of sales and development by sharing
information in the form of proposals and design reviews. What We
Are Looking For -
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering required.
- Greater than 4 years in related field or entry level PhD
- Combination of strong technical aptitude and hands on
- Competent skills in complex problem solving and
trouble-shooting using standard tools (FMEA, Fishbone, 5 Whys) and
associated correlation to field failures as well as basic use of
DFSS tools and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of wear mechanisms on engine environment with
an understanding of fit for use and ability to develop, implement
and evaluate product validation plans and associated acceptance
- Competent knowledge of appropriate ERP applications such as
BOM, Item Master, NCR, EC screens and part tracking.
- Understands manufacturing processes, drawings and geometric
dimensioning and tolerances as well as shop standards and
procedures and how they impact designs.
- Self-driven team player who is willing to dive into details
while keeping track of high level project goals. Ability to work
with, organize and drive a team to meet critical quality and
delivery and cost targets. This information is provided in
compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is
the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the
compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The
compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on
factors including experience, skills, education, location, and
other job-related reasons. - This position requires use of
information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR and
EAR or possess all required authorizations from the U.S. Department
of State Department and the U.S. Department of Commerce. ITAR
defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident
(i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Woodward
is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: Woodward, Inc., Loveland , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Loveland, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!