Senior Quality Engineer
Company: Nordson Corporation
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in
Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our
employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach
our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve
and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson
employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities
around the world where we live and work. Nordson MEDICAL designs,
engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with
applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive,
fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural
heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to
manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device
industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large
medical companies around the world at any point in the product
lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond. Essential Job Duties
- Work closely with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering,
Development and Technical Support to ensure high quality products
and processes are developed and deployed. The activities include
product design verification, process validation, risk assessment,
- Apply structured problem-solving methods (5Why, Ishikawa
diagrams, DMAIC, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, Design of
- Support complaint investigations and work with appropriate
parties in providing corrective and preventative actions based on
sound engineering analysis.
- Monitor and report on necessary Quality metrics to ensure high
product quality and process improvement opportunities are
- Review and ensure all process, material and procedural changes
are engineering sound and in compliance to all FDA, QMS, and ISO
- Provide statistical support and expertise and analytical
problem solving for product development and manufacturing.
- Supplier Management including auditing and Supplier Corrective
- Implements quality training programs to key personnel in
conjunction with manager including Quality integration of our
- Identifies areas requiring quality improvement and initiates
cross-department projects and investigations targeting correction
and prevention of issues in support of business objectives
including product safety and performance, COPQ reduction, and
system upgrades and follows through plans of action.
- Drive 6S update projects related to Quality and Quality
- CMM programming, FAIR Measurements, custom gage creation for
- Support QMS SOP development for effective, efficient compliance
and in support of high-quality product
- Lead Material Review Board (MRB)
- Test Method Development and Inspections - use knowledge of
inspection methodologies to evaluate the design and performance
incoming, in-process, and final inspections.
- Participate in internal quality audits.
- Provides detailed and data driven input based on observations,
experience, and feedback in support of business objectives.
- All other duties as assigned. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Certified Quality Engineer or Reliability Engineer.
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills, strong
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work proactively and independently.
- Working knowledge of Injection Molding equipment and
- Working knowledge of machined part equipment and
- Working knowledge of part inspection techniques.
- CMM programing. Education and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
- 6 - 9 years' Quality Engineering experience in a regulated fast
paced industry required
- Comfortable working in a clean room environment frequently;
partnering with production.
- Hands-on experience in statistical analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience working in ISO13485 manufacturing environment or
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic problem-solving skills-Root
Cause Analysis/Problem Solving Methods.
- Must be able to follow all safety policies and guidelines and
work in a safe manner. Base Salary Range for this position is:
$100,000 to $122,000, and bonus target is 3%; shift premium may be
available depending on shift associated with the specific job
opportunity. Benefits including Medical, Rx, Vision, Dental, and
Health Savings Account (HSA), Retirement and Security benefits
including 401k and Life Insurance. In addition to Paid Time Off and
paid Holidays, each employee receives 16 hours paid time each
calendar year to perform volunteer services for Nordson-sponsored
events. Ample opportunities for giving exist at Nordson including
our Matching Gifts Program. The base salary pay range for this job
level is a general guideline and not a guarantee of compensation or
salary. Individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors
including but not limited to internal equity, business
considerations, and local market conditions, as well as candidate
qualifications, such as education, experience, and skills. Nordson
Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants
and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any
aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color,
sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship
status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All
employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our
pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check,
consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies
should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries
directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to
Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of
Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or
recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson's Human Resources
department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration.
Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid
contract for service.
Keywords: Nordson Corporation, Loveland , Senior Quality Engineer, Engineering , Loveland, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!