Restaurant Kitchen Manager
Company: Perkins Restaurant & Bakery - CyHawk Hospitality
Posted on: August 6, 2022
CyHawk Hospitality, Inc., franchisee for Perkins Restaurant and
Bakery, is now hiring a Kitchen Manager for our location in
Loveland. Weekends are required with a 50-hour typical workweek.
Salary range is $45,000 - $55,000, depending on experience, plus
bonus. Benefits include 2 weeks of vacation, health, dental,
life/disability insurance, and more. Plus, we're closed on
Christmas day.CyHawk is a growing company that opened our first
Perkins in 2007 and have now grown to 19 locations.
SUMMARY OF POSITIONManages back of the house operations of assigned
restaurant; responsible for achieving planned sales and profit
levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management,
and enforcement of company policies, procedures, programs, and
performance standards. Provide direction to back of house staff,
ensuring execution of all employee duties to guarantee maximum
guest satisfaction and quality work environment.REPORTING
- Reports: Directly to General Manager
- Internal: Extensive contacts with all levels of store personnel
as well as all home office departments.
- External: Extensive contacts include guests, distributors,
repair technicians, salespersons, and community organizations and
- Demonstrates principles actions, uses sound judgment and follow
through on commitments.
- Anticipates problems and issues and makes timely and sound
- Demonstrates a passion and working knowledge of food, liquor,
beer and wine.
- Leads by example and maintains a guest first focus.
- Sets and shares goals with team, monitors and tracks progress
- Directly and honestly addresses issues and resolves conflicts
and seeks opportunities for improvement.
- Clarifies roles, responsibilities, priorities and
expectations.POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Assists the restaurant staff to achieve plan profit levels
while ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and development and
training of employees.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned and
presented properly n a clean, safe and sanitary manner, according
to all established procedures, performance standards, and local
health department regulations.
- Required, under certain circumstances, to perform/assist all
functions for all positions in the restaurant.
- Ensures that inventory levels for both food and non-food items
are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines
through correct ordering procedures and efficient usage and yield
- Ensures the unit's compliance to productivity and service
standards with a sufficient number of well-trained and productive
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through
preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security
measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Conducts employee activities to include staffing, training and
conducting performance reviews with all kitchen personnel, as well
as recommending salary increases and issuing employee work
- Accountable for accurate financial data to include: payroll,
restaurant supplies, inventories, productivity food costs, and
- Attends unit management meetings and regional kitchen manager
meetings; makes presentations as requested.
- Responsible for meeting established objectives during periods
of his/her or Production Leaders supervision.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to
achieve guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for all communications with regard to system
breakdowns and deficiencies.
- Ensures the thorough training and development of Production
Leaders and other non-exempt personnel supervised, and the
documentation thereof.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12
inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision
to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 - 3
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write, slice
chop and operate equipment.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30 wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy
pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for
distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals
SUPERVISION RECEIVED:Receives direction and training from Regional
Manager as to the specific procedures and assignments.EDUCATION
LEVEL REQUIRED:High school diploma; some college or degree
preferred.EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:1 -2 years managerial experience,
preferably in the food service industryDisclaimerThis position
description in not intended, and should not be construed to be, an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working
conditions associated with job. It is intended, however, to be an
accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for
making decisions related to job performance, employee development
and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties
and responsibilities as required. This franchise is independently
owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go
directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made
by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about
employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the
franchise location, and not to Perkins Corporate. Associated
topics: assistant restaurant manager, back end, day manager,
director food and beverage, general operations manager, gerente de
cocina, gm, operations, restaurant general manager, supervisor
Keywords: Perkins Restaurant & Bakery - CyHawk Hospitality, Loveland , Restaurant Kitchen Manager, Executive , Loveland, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!