Company: Charter Health Holdings
Posted on: April 6, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY:Provides patient care services, companion care
(homemaker) services and other designated health related services
to medically fragile clients and their families, according to a
written plan of care. A patient care assistant's work environment
may involve exposure to potentially dangerous materials and
situations that require following extensive safety precautions and
may include the use of personal protective equipment. Employee may
be required to adapt to various home conditions including, but not
limited to, temperatures in excess of eighty (80) degrees and below
fifty-five (55) degrees, humidity, working around client's family
or pets, cigarette smoke, dust or infectious diseases.REPORTS TO:
SUPERVISES: NoneQUALIFICATIONS:Education: High school diploma or
equivalent, some college or post-high school education
Experience: Six (6) months paid experience as agency homemaker,
health aide, maid or household worker or at least one year
experience, paid or unpaid, in caring for children, sick or aged
individuals; or successful completion of a formal course in basic
nursing are or nurse aide training within the last 12 months.
Core Competencies: Ability to demonstrate skills and knowledge in
maintaining a safe home environment. Ability to read, write, and
follow directions. Ability to work with dying patients and their
families. Possesses a sympathetic attitude toward caring for the
patient and demonstrates positive communication skills in
interacting with other members of the team.
Other: Eighteen (18) years of age or older per state guidelines.
Reliable transportation and working telephone as required by nature
of the position. Must provide proof of auto insurance.FUNCTIONS &
RESPONSIBILILITIES:1. Provides personal care services and assists
in activities of daily living (ADL) including, but not limited to
personal hygiene, eating dressing and ambulation.
2. Performs various household duties essential to health care at
home including, but not limited to, disposal of infectious waste,
pest control, cleaning soiled linen, simple meal preparation and
3. Performs necessary errands and/or shops for essential items.
4. Provides companionship for the client while primary caretaker is
5. Documents visits, assessments, and/or any significant changes in
client's condition and timely submits documentation to the
6. Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and
7. Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control
8. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by
9. Responsible for reporting any patient concerns/injuries to
direct supervisor as appropriate.
10. Ability to read, write, and follow directions and perform
duties assigned with minimum supervision.
11. Ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients,
families and co-workers.
12. Ability to exhibit an empathetic attitude toward the sick and
13. Ability to work one weekend per month.
14. Complies with hospice policies and procedures, laws,
regulations and standards of practice.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS1.
Evidence of good physical and mental health.
2. Able to lift 50 lbs. from floor to waist and waist to
3. Able to perform patient transfers, utilizing appropriate
techniques, up to 150 lbs
4. Frequent bending and reaching
5. Frequent squatting/kneeling
6. Frequent standing/walking
7. Frequent lifting/carrying
8. Frequent pushing/pulling
9. Occasional reaching overhead
10. Adequate vision and manual dexterity
11. Driving automotive equipment for business necessity per diem:
as needed and available
Keywords: Charter Health Holdings, Loveland , Caregiver, Healthcare , Loveland, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!