Company: MBK Senior Living
Posted on: May 10, 2020
Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an
opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the
professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and
growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates
to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in
the lives of our storied residents every day.We are currently
seeking a Cook for our Seven Lakes community located in Loveland,
CO. The responsibilities of the cook are to properly prepare all
food items in accordance with the recipes and planned menus
provided and to oversee the Dining Services Department under
direction from the Director of Dining Services. Essential Job
- Arrive to work on time and prepared for your shift. 100%
- Prepare all food items in accordance with planned menus and
recipes provided and ensuring the meals are appetizing,
nutritional, and meets and special dietary requests or
- Ensure all food is served at the correct temperature and
charted as such. 5%
- Ensure there is proper plate presentation. 5%
- Consult with the Director of Dining Services on any menu
changes or substations. 5%
- Ensure food storage areas are clean and organized at all times.
- Prepare food in accordance with all governmental, sanitary, and
dietitian regulations as well as established policies and
procedures. Report any infractions to Director of Dining Services
Director immediately. 100%
- Take care of food orders when they arrive in a timely manner.
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established
- Ensure all leftovers are properly stored, labeled, and dated.
- Record temperatures of refrigerators, Freezers, and
- Responsible for cleanliness of the kitchen and dining areas.
- May supervise servers, and dishwashers. 100%
- Prepare upcoming menu items ensuring they are stocked, and
pulled as directed by recipes. 30%
- Responsible for safe storage and efficient use of all items
within the kitchen's inventory. 100%
- Promote a positive and friendly team work attitude. 100%
- Preform other duties as assigned by the Director of Dining
Services, Lead Cook and or Executive Director. 10% Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Age over 18 years.
- Background clearance as required by government
- Retain a Current Food handlers permit.
- Minimum of two years' experience cooking.
- Negative TB test results.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to speak,
write and read English.
- Ability to operate computer, necessary software programs (
word, email, excel), scanners, copiers, and fax machines.
- Ability to be professional at all times with other associates,
residents, family members, and visitors Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift/and push 50lbs
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout day and
- Must be able to stand for long periods of timeMBK Senior Living
is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living
community in 2004. We currently have thirty-two communities in six
states. As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine
spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our
communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In
addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of
professionals who have the passion and dedication of building
meaning--ful relationships with our residents and their families
now and for years to come.We offer a rich benefit package
including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer
matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and
paid time off.If you are ready to meet the challenges of this
critical role, we want to hear from you! HIPAA Disclosure: All
associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must
not be considered an "Excluded Party" as defined by the Medicare
and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state
government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are
an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice
letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a
person that the federal or state government found not eligible to
provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or
Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your
employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws
and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited
to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State licensing regulations, and those
laws relating you an associates' professional license.
Keywords: MBK Senior Living, Loveland , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Loveland, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!