The Medical Assistant provides clinical support care to
participants. The Medical Assistant also performs administrative
and other general duties to support overall clinic functions
Essential Functions and Work Responsibilities
Functional Category: Participant Care
Estimated Percent of time Spent – 90%
· Pulls charts for participants, performs any necessary
documentation in medical records, and performs computer entries to
update participant information.
· Assists in prioritizing the scheduling of participants by
consulting with medical staff, on a daily basis, to manage the
· Takes the vital signs of participants and performs collection
of specimens including phlebotomy, finger sticks and pulse ox tests
as requested by medical staff. Reports abnormal findings and
changes to Registered Nurse.
· Ensures that all lab specimens are labeled and ready for
courier to pick up in a timely manner.
· Prepares participants to be seen in the clinic by assisting
them in disrobing and positioning participants in beds, chairs or
exam tables. Ensures that participants are ready to be seen by
nurses and physicians in an appropriate state.
· Assists physicians and nurses with minor diagnostic procedures
and treatments that they have been trained and competency on, may
assist in medical procedures as requested by staff within skill and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program displaying
the areas of practice and competencies for the occupation of
Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation
· Qualified Medication Administration Person (QMAP) status in
Work Experience and Qualifications
· A minimum of one year working with the frail or elderly is
· Knowledge of medical terminology required.
· Ability to perform phlebotomy functions.
· Skilled in identifying and recommending problem
· Ability to perform EKG’s
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
· Must be computer proficient and possess experience with
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.