Company: Workhorse Technologies
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Workhorse is a technology company focused on providing
drone-integrated electric vehicles to the last-mile delivery
sector. As an American original equipment manufacturer, we design
and build high performance, battery-electric vehicles including
trucks and aircraft. Workhorse also develops cloud-based, real-time
telematics performance monitoring systems that are fully integrated
with our vehicles and enable fleet operators to optimize energy and
route efficiency. All Workhorse vehicles are designed to make the
movement of people and goods more efficient and less harmful to the
The Mechanical Engineer will engineer automotive components and
automotive sub-systems for hybrid and electric vehicles.
Key Job Responsibilities include:
- Identifies and defines the scope of a component or sub-system
design project and works to complete the required engineering in a
timely and through manner.
- Collaborates with other engineers from a variety of disciplines
to find innovative solutions to automotive engineering
- Uses 3D computer aided design (CAD) to effectively design and
integrate components and sub-systems into a vehicle platform.
- Understands how their mechanical engineering work affects other
engineering disciplines and works with them to complete projects in
a time and cost-effective manner.
- Completes engineering work with manufacturing and vehicle
production in mind.
- Uses finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid
dynamics (CFD) where appropriate to ensure reliable and efficient
- Does basic thermal modeling and other basic vehicle dynamics
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related
- Proficient in Solidworks 3D CAD environment and 2D drawings
- Good communication skills and a team-oriented attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications as well as other
computer-based engineering tools
- Has experience doing FEA in SolidWorks
- Familiar with Solidworks EPDM
- Has experience supporting continuous product improvement of an
engineering product currently in production
- Experience, or keen interest, in automotive engineering
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced innovative engineering
Workhorse Group Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Workhorse Technologies, Loveland , Mechanical Engineer, Other , Loveland, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!