Responsible for extensive customer service and grounds
maintenance at the Recycling Center.
The current schedule for this position is Tuesday, Wednesday,
Saturday, & Sunday OR Thursday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday.
Schedules will be determined by the Supervisor and will be assigned
at the beginning of the season. Overtime is rarely required, but
might be available, as circumstances necessitate.
This position is non-benefit eligible part year 10 month max,
working 40 hours per week with Medical coverage option only.
Salary range: $12.50-$22.00 per hour depending on qualifications
Position will close to applicants at 12:00 P.M. M.S.T. on
Monday, June 14 2021, 2021.
- Retirement - 457 employee funded plan
- Medical Leave - Up to 48 hours accrued. Accrue 1 hour of leave
per 30 hours worked
- Per the ACA, employees working 30 Plus hours per week are
eligible to enroll in one of the two 2 medical plan options - HDHP
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides exceptional customer service to all visitors to the
City of Loveland Recycling Center.
- Greets customers and controls admission to the site by
verifying valid City residency permits.
- Responsible for secure and accurate processing of all checks,
cash and credit card transactions and the recording of all funds
into the computerized cash register.
- Ensures accurate record retention by the proper storage of
daily reports and receipts.
- Reconciles daily revenues each shift change and every evening
- Responsible for funds collected and for immediately resolving
cash-balancing errors, as needed.
- Accountable for all discrepancies and ensuing
- Uses tape measure & calculator to determine volume of incoming
loads and the corresponding fees for non-residents and commercial
- Inspects incoming materials for contaminants and directs
customers to appropriate location for proper disposal of
- Accurately records daily vehicle counts & creates proper bills
- Monitors & communicates with vendors at the site, writes-up
bills of lading, and records incoming & outgoing loads for
- Informs customers of proper recycling practices, monitors site
for improper disposal, and politely provides redirection to
customers as needed.
- Monitors site for unsafe behavior and responds or reports as
- Routinely uses sound judgement to resolve complex
- Assists in the maintenance of the Recycling Center by removing
contaminants from containers, yard waste and wood waste sites.
- Ensures grounds are kept clean and free of debris.
- Operates stationary cardboard compactors as needed.
- Assists visitors requiring assistance with the unloading of
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must have proven, excellent customer service skills and the
ability to communicate effectively with the public, City staff and
- Must possess the ability to follow written and verbal
- Must be able to quickly & accurately complete fee transactions,
as well as prepare daily cash reports using basic arithmetic.
- Must be able to operate menu driven computer/cash register
- Must have knowledge of City recycling practices or be able to
- Ability to follow all established safety rules &
Education and/or experience:
One (1) year of experience in cash handling, cash register
operations & customer relations in a fast-paced environment is
Licensure and/or certifications:
Must possess a valid driver's license.
Material and equipment directly used:
Cash register, calculator, tape measure, two-way radio, cell
phone, basic hand tools (rake, shovel, litter grabber, weed eater,
back pack blower) Operates UTV (utility task vehicle).
Working conditions and physical requirements:
Regularly required to bend, kneel, stoop, and move and/or
position (up to 40 lbs.). More than half of an average workday will
be spent outdoors, where employee will be subjected to temperature
and weather extremes, dust, fumes, odors from decomposing yard
wastes, and the hazards associated with heavy equipment & vehicle
traffic. The remainder of the time will be spent as the cashier in
the gatehouse. Proper work wear must be worn at all times, along
with task-appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). Work
hours are four days per week, ten hours per shift. Must effectively
perform duties in a fast-paced and intense environment with ability
to move quickly and efficiently throughout work area. Weekend work
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee.
- Considered essential personnel required to report for duty as
directed in response to community emergencies (e.g. natural
disaster, fire, flood, blizzard, etc.)
A driving record and criminal history background check will be