Company: Parkway Products, LLC
Posted on: January 13, 2021
Job Summary: Directs and supervises all activities of assigned
shift to ensure scheduled production is achieved at acceptable
rates and quality standards. Supports CNC production and provides
set up, program review, and troubleshooting. Duties and
ResponsibilitiesThis job description is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with
the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in
processing molded magnesium parts, including buffing, trimming,
machining, tumbling, sanding, and rework to support the priorities
and schedule determined by the Production Coordinator.
- Monitors part quality in all areas to ensure processes are
producing parts that conform to drawing and specifications per
- Conducts or directs new and ongoing training of all
- Confers, communicates, and works with management and other
supervisors to resolve production problems and provide
- Ensures all safety and cleanliness requirements are enforced
- With proper training, must be able to use TMM for generation of
work orders, shift reporting, and material availability.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, materials,
specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations
of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric
dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Set Up of CNC mills indicating production fixtures.
- Verifies machine settings by measuring positions, first-run
part, sample work pieces, and adjusting offsets and machine as
- Maintains part specifications by observing drilling, machining,
boring, and tapping; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions,
troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls,
sharpening and replacing worn tools, and adhering to quality
assurance procedures and processes.
- Work with the maintenance department to ensure daily
maintenance is performed. (coolant and filters are replaced,
- Maintain continuity and a cohesive team environment by
documenting and communicating irregularities, actions, statuses,
and ongoing needs.
- Set Up and qualification of Trim Dies, as needed.
- Document daily activities by completing production job tracking
logs, production schedules, etc.
- Assist the organization is achieving productivity goals by
accepting ownership of the tasks and collaboration of ideas and
solutions. Qualifications and ExperienceTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required and technical degree (2 or
4 year) preferred.
- Minimum two years' experience in set up and operation of CNC
- Solid knowledge of blueprint interpretation including
- Knowledge of machining technology
- Must be able to perform moderate to heavy physical demand
involving lifting and moving of equipment.
- Driven by process improvement and continuous improvement.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in a fast
paced production environment.
- The ability to lead, mentor, and train in a team
- Ability to make judgements and decisions based on company
policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work standing for extended periods of time and
maintain dexterity when handling parts and components.
- Ability to operate a forklift, hoist, and pallet jack.
- English language proficiency to include verbal and written
- Ability to pass all pre-employment screenings. 2nd Shift
Keywords: Parkway Products, LLC, Loveland , Supervisor Technician, Professions , Loveland, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!