Medium Duty Truck Technician - Truck City
Company: Weld County Garage
Posted on: November 13, 2022
Would you enjoy working for a family owned company? Do you want
to have a flexible schedule and work for a business that has values
and offers support? OPPORTUNITY FOR A SIGN ON BONUS! Re-Location
Bonus Opportunity! Who We Are Truck City is a family-owned
organization that prioritizes the importance of service to our
community and supporting each other. Family time and work-life
balance are top priority for all our team members. We are still a
busy and hard-working organization with plenty of work to do, BUT
we make scheduling time off easy and provide flexible work
schedules that are set by each of our technicians. Our company is
growing rapidly, and we are fortunate to be experiencing a lot of
success. We understand that our technicians and support teams are
the reason for that, so it is our primary goal to support our
technical team to help each of them experience their own success!
Overview of the Position The Medium Duty Service Technician is
responsible for performing fast, high quality, and accurate
diagnostics on all makes and models of automobiles. This position
is responsible for nurturing and cultivating a positive culture and
work environment that aligns with the mission and values of the
organization. Essential Duties/Responsibilities
- Diagnoses and repairs vehicles to specifications, ensuring they
are safe to drive.
- Test drives vehicles and tests components and systems, using
equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges,
and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Examines vehicles to determine extent of damage or
- Confers with advisors and/or customers to obtain descriptions
of vehicle problems and to discuss work to be performed and future
- Performs routine and scheduled maintenance services, such as
oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
- Reviews work orders and discusses work with supervisors.
- Tears down, repairs, and rebuilds faulty assemblies, such as
power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Disassembles units and inspects parts for wear, using
micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Repairs or replace parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves,
- Rewires ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels.
- Repairs manual and automatic transmissions.
- Closely inspects parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems,
and other troublesome items.
- Adequately explains the technical diagnosis and required
repairs to non-mechanical individuals.
- Completes accurate notes/records on RO in DMS.
- Participates in ongoing technical education.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Strictly adheres to all company safety policies, rules, and
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Automotive trade or technical school preferred.
- ASE certification is desirable. Experience
- 3+ years of automotive technician experience. Specialized
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Ability to drive and handle various makes, models, and sizes of
- Should own & supply a complete inventory of auto mechanical
- Team oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high
level of customer service.
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire
equipment, alignment systems, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment,
- Desire to continue learning and ability to adapt to changes in
technology and equipment. Wages Commissioned, Exempt: $30.00 $50.00
Flag Rate Hour DOE Work Hours
- Regular work hours are 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
- The position is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, with
evening and weekends as needed to satisfy the requirements of the
position. Employee hours vary and are dependent on business needs.
PM21 Benefits - If hired to a full-time position, the company
provides vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k) employer
paid life insurance, health, dental, vision, pet insurance, and
company discounts. If hired for a part-time position the company
provides paid sick time and company discounts. No other benefits
are offered. Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Weld County Garage, Loveland , Medium Duty Truck Technician - Truck City, Professions , Loveland, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!