Facilities Maintenance Tech - HVAC Technician Specialist
Company: City of Loveland
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Performs a wide variety of repair, diagnostic, and preventive
maintenance tasks for all City facilities. Primary focus is HVAC,
plumbing, construction/remodel projects, preventative maintenance,
and building/life safety systems support. Provides support services
for all levels of construction projects. On call rotation of one
week on every 6-8 weeks depending on staffing levels. This position
requires the employee to be able to respond within 30-minute to the
Facilities Maintenance building located at 105 W. 5th St.
The salary range for this position is $24.81- $37.21 per hour with
a hiring range of $24.81 - $31.01, depending on qualifications and
experience. Position will close to applicants on: Tuesday, 1/17/23
at 12:00 P.M. M.S.T.
--- HVAC preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, replacement &
repair, building automation systems maintenance (BAS), and energy
--- Plumbing maintenance, replacing valves, faucets, ice makers,
venting, and de-clog drains.
--- Electric maintenance, replacing lighting, re-lamping, replacing
plugs and switches, and preventative maintenance inspections.
--- Visually inspects, analyzes, and manually completes preventive
maintenance work in a variety of facilities and building operation
--- Recommend and pursue equipment repair to ensure consistent and
--- Manually performs semi-skilled rough and finished carpentry,
concrete, masonry, drywall, painting, floor covering, construction,
--- Provide accurate and timely repair to buildings and building
systems including lighting, fire, security, backflow, conveyance,
doors, roofing, furnishings, custodial, and equipment.
--- Maintains accurate and complete information on all work orders
utilizing computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
--- Maintain accurate and complete information on all projects
utilizing on-line project tracking methods and systems.
--- Provide consistent communication to internal customers and
management using e-mail, telephone, and face-to-face
--- Share knowledge and experiences to help create an effective
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Purchase equipment, parts and/or materials for repairs to
buildings or building systems with approval.
- Participate in snow removal operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of commercial building systems and maintenance
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC,
Windows-based operating environment.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Understand and follow specific instructions and
- Use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Repair and maintain appliances and heating and cooling
- Knowledge of one or more building trades.
- High Level Problem solving skills
- Forklift, Man Lifts, experience
- Vendor Management experience
- Heating, Air Conditioning, and Ventilation (HVAC) experience
including diagnostics, repair, and preventative
- Plumbing experience including fixture replacement, flush valve
management, drain cleaning, and preventative maintenance.
- Electrical experience including ballast replacement,
re-lamping, diagnostics, and preventative maintenance.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- EPA certified in refrigerant management
Degree: High School/GED is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in construction,
mechanical, electrical, plumbing, or facilities maintenance
Direct experience in facilities maintenance for a municipality or
higher education environment.
LEVEL OF PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Moderate to considerable physical effort that includes working from
ladders in awkward positions. Frequent use of light or medium
weight objects (e.g., 25-50 lbs) and use of medium weight
Marginal to moderate exposure to conditions that are unpredictable
and may lead to injury
PHYSICAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Potentially exposed to hazardous conditions that my lead to
workplace injury such as working in heights, exposure to fly ash
and/or energized electrical equipment.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive
listing of activities,duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee.
With over 300 days of sunshine, and just 30 miles from Rocky
Mountain National Park in the heart of northern Colorado, Loveland
is an ideal community for anyone to call home. Known as the
Sweetheart City, this vibrant cultural hub is home to nearly 500
sculptures and public art installations, the world-famous Valentine
Remail Program, and picturesque views of the Rocky Mountains. The
community is bustling with a thriving arts, brewery, foodie and
shopping scene. Enjoy headliner concert and theatre productions,
professional hockey events, endless community recreation and open
space opportunities, art and sculpture shows, and several local
festivals. Loveland also boasts an award-winning golf course and an
inclusive library and community center. Loveland, Colorado has
EVERYTHING YOU LOVE! In 2020, Loveland was the only Colorado City
to win the Governor's Award for Downtown Excellence, is the top
residential recycling City in the state for 4 consecutive years and
has been ranked as one of the top places to live, work and raise a
family in the U.S. and as one of the Most Idyllic Picturesque towns
Apply today to joinmore than 800 employees who work to meet the
core values of: Accountability & Integrity, Transparency & Honoring
the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent
Service with Courtesy and Kindness. The City of Loveland is a
diverse and welcoming community organization and our employees
enjoy a competitive benefits program, various opportunities for
growth and development, and an exceptional work-life balance.
A vibrant community, surrounded by natural beauty, where you
Benefit Eligible Benefits Package Includes:
- Two (2) medical plans, Dental, Vision (for self/ spouse/
- Employee Health & Wellness Center (self/family)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and medical leave
- Flexible spending including Dependent Care
- Life Insurance, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term disability,
and voluntary Critical Illness Coverage
- Retirement 401a, 457, Roth (pre-& post tax) and company
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary 529 College Invest program
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted recreation passes
- Employee recognition program
- Exceptional work-life balance
- Market based pay & regular performance reviews
- Local Government employment is eligible for Public Loan
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The City of Loveland provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status
protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
A driving record and criminal history background check will be
Keywords: City of Loveland, Loveland , Facilities Maintenance Tech - HVAC Technician Specialist, Professions , Loveland, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!