Company: City of Loveland
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Under general direction, oversee and coordinate the activities and
operations of assigned construction and construction management
consultant and their professional services contracts and
third-party agreements during the planning, review, design, and
construction of assigned Transportation Capital Improvement
Projects (CIP), capital maintenance projects and to perform other
duties as required.
The salary range for this position is $66,000.00- $102,400.00 per
year with ahiring range of$66,000.00 - $84,200.00,depending on
qualifications and experience.
Position will close to applicants on: Tuesday, 1/24/23 at 12:00
Join the Loveland team as we undertake several capital projects to
successfully facilitate the transformational growth of our
community. Projects include roadway widening, sidewalk and bridge
maintenance, mobility and transit projects and collaborate with
state and local stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts and coordinates daily construction management
discussions, coaching, problem/conflict resolutions for active and
future projects. In addition, establishes, monitors, and updates
construction resource and project schedules, scopes and budgets
while constantly communicating status/approach to internal and
external team members and division managers.
- Monitors project progress and success while developing
correction strategies when necessary
- Develops construction work plans, resource allocations, and may
lead the selection of professional engineering
- Works with team members on capital projects and assignments,
and provides coaching and guidance to fellow staff as needed while
addressing political and sensitive matters on behalf of the
- Collaborates and coordinates with external stakeholders as
- Conducts regular progress meetings with project staff and teams
to foster project progress.
- Administers and monitors construction contracts for
transportation capital projects. This includes the following:
- Participate in conceptual and construction project design
review (preliminary, final, FIR, FOR). Reviews construction plans
and specifications for conformance to applicable codes. Makes
recommendations for revisions and improvements to construction
plans and specifications.
- Prepares conceptual scope and cost estimates for transportation
- May support or take lead in the development of the budget and
scope of construction projects.
- Coordinates bidding for advertisement and oversees the bid
advertisement and contractor selection process.
- Assist in the preparation of project documentation in support
of grant-funded projects, including documentation for reimbursement
and grant requirement compliance.
- Monitors construction and inspection progress. Responsible for
preparation of project records including daily reports, project
status, pay item documentation, construction problems and proposed
solutions; and approves changes as necessary.
- Supports and may take lead in resolving disputes with
contractors and in the settlement of claims by or against
contractors, as necessary.
- Manages the project construction budget and tracks budget
status; reviews, prepares, and processes payments to contractors;
manages change orders and other construction related
- Coordinates the scheduling of relocation and the installation
of new utilities with utility companies.
- Updates project records to include "as built"
- Prepares reports necessary for progress payments and project
- Prepares punch lists of inadequate items, ensuring they are
replaced or repaired prior to issuance of initial
- Represents the City at public meetings, administrative
hearings, and when working with regulatory and other governmental
agencies. May also attend and represent projects at Transportation
Advisory Board meetings, City Council meetings, and other board
meetings as needed. Initiates and maintains contact with all
affected and interested parties.
- Supports or may take lead in responding to claims against the
City resulting from transportation projects.
- Coordinates with transportation maintenance personnel in
developing engineering solutions for maintenance problems.
Establishes maintenance techniques, procedures, and schedule as
- Develops, monitors, and implements proper health and safety
procedures related to maintenance and construction
- Performs related duties as required to meet the needs of the
- Takes proper safety precautions, anticipates unsafe
circumstances, and acts accordingly to prevent accidents.
Responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and
equipment. Uses all required safety equipment and follows all
safety regulations, policies and procedures. Reports all accidents
and damage to City property.
- Responsible for knowing and complying with all City and
department policies; participating in professional trainings and
development; and adhering to attendance and workplace attire
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides guidance to support staff in the collection of field
information and design work.
- Coordinates projects with other City departments. Advises the
City on recommended design or specification changes for ease of
construction or technical correctness.
- Assists staff and general public in locating needed
- Assists City staff during emergency operations.
This position may be responsible for supervision of City
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Transportation construction management experience with a
municipality similar to the City of Loveland. Experience
administering state transportation local agency projects
documentation on federal and state funded projects. Knowledge and
experience in field surveying, field layout, construction
management and construction inspection. Ability to utilize software
packages and their application to personal computers; i.e., project
management, GIS, AutoCAD, and work scheduling. Communicate
diplomatically and effectively with coworkers, private industry
representatives, technical consultants and the general public.
Handle difficult situations with patience and good judgment,
especially under tight deadlines. Independently and creatively
solve problems encountered during construction.
Accountability, Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public
Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with
Courtesy and Kindness
Job specific competencies:
Procurement, Impact & Influence, Regulatory Compliance, Project
Responsiveness, Performance Management
Education and/or experience:
Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management or
related field required. An equivalent combination of education
and/or experience may substitute for education requirement on a
year-for-year basis. An additional five (5) years of work
experience in transportation infrastructure, asset management
planning and construction program administration required.
Licensure and/or certifications:
Must possess a valid driver's license.
Material and equipment directly used:
Telephone, 2-way radio, vehicle, survey equipment, metal detector,
pipe tracer, personal computer, calculator, cell phone
Working conditions and physical requirements:
Work is performed in both office and field environments and may
involve exposure to dirt, dust, fumes and extreme weather
conditions and exposure to noise levels that may cause strains on
the body. May be required to bend, push, pull, stoop and kneel to
perform essential functions of the job. May traverse uneven ground;
work at various heights above ground or in confined spaces. May be
required to move and maneuver heavy weights up to 50 pounds
infrequently, but moderate heavy weights on a frequent basis.
Sufficient eyesight to judge distances and avoid construction
hazards. Communicate and receive verbal instruction at distance of
up to 75 feet
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The City of Loveland provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status
protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
A driving record and criminal history background check will be
Keywords: City of Loveland, Loveland , Construction Manager, Professions , Loveland, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!