Controls Engineer (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
- Our Controls Engineer will develop automation solutions and
participate in various phases of automation projects including
creating design specifications, software configuration and testing,
as well as commissioning and start-up of a variety of high speed
and other automated manufacturing processes. The
ideal candidate will have a track record of proficiency with
client relationships, control systems, troubleshooting and high
- Create and design automation control systems and create project
documentation and drawings to meet client requirements.
- Diagnose automation problems and interact with teams, clients
- Configure software and hardware packages according to client
- Program PLCs (Allen-Bradley, Rockwell) and HMI / SCADAs
(FactoryTalk, Cimplicity, Wonderware, Ignition)
- Communicate with project stakeholders the progress relative to
- Manage engineering projects as assigned
- Manage project deliverables to agreed schedule and scope
- Manage site construction and installation
- Manage site start-up support of integrated control systems
- Validate and commission facility systems following established
execution protocols and ensure a successful turnover of the system
to the customer.
- 1-3 years of direct experience as a controls engineer working
on automated processes/system integration in Food, Beverage,
Consumer Health Product or other industrial manufacturing
- Experience creating and designing automation controls systems
- Understanding of industrial control panel design and
- Understanding of instrumentation and controls (I&C).
- Understanding of engineering documentation such as P&IDs,
process flow diagrams and standard operating procedures.
- Experience with field instrumentation, control system
installation and configuration.
- Familiarity with machine safety applications, electrical power
distribution and control panel design.
- Proficient with written and verbal technical communication
including generating reports and conducting group
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project
requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation
and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored
meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical
Engineering or similar degree preferred
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group US Inc
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Loveland , Controls Engineer (Design Group), Other , Loveland, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!